Website University of Wyoming
University of Wyoming
College of Agriculture, Life Sciences, and Natural Resources
Family and Consumer Sciences – Human Nutrition & Food
The Department of Family and Consumer Sciences at the University of Wyoming invites applications for an Assistant Lecturer in Human Nutrition and Food, Family and Consumer Sciences, nine-month academic year.
Primary responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses in Human Nutrition and Food and the Didactic Program in Nutrition & Dietetics (DPND). These courses may include 1) food production/management; 2) lifecycle nutrition; 3) community nutrition; and 4) sports nutrition. Additional courses as part of the required teaching load may be negotiable according to the applicant’s background and expertise. Responsibilities will also include contributing to professional, departmental, and university service activities.
- Earned master’s degree in human nutrition, nutrition science, or related area
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
- Minimum of three years professional experience post credentialing
- Earned doctorate or five years post-credentialing experience
- Experience with college/university-level teaching; program assessment and/or management
- Professional involvement in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and/or state affiliate
- Experience as a preceptor for dietetic students
- Effective communication and collaborative skills that facilitate an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and all-around positive environment
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application:
- Letter of application/statement of interest
- Description of experience and goals in teaching and advising (either as part of the letter or as a separate teaching statement)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for four professional references (name, title, address, phone, and email)
Starting date: January 2024 – or as negotiated.
Review of applications will begin after October 6 and continue until position is filled. Nominations and expressions of interest will be held in confidence.
Jill Fabricius Keith, PhD, RDN
Search Committee Chair
email@example.com or 307-766-5537
Welcome to Laramie:
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university. Laramie offers excellent schools, a hospital, and several long-term care facilities.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. The nearby Medicine Bow National Forest and Rocky Mountains provide quick access to hiking, biking, skiing, rock climbing, fishing, hunting, or camping. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/
Additional information regarding the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences can be found at www.uwyo.edu/fcs.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
To apply for this job please visit eeik.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.